Date: June 22, 2017
Time: 13:30 to 18:30
Place: Impact Hub DC 419 7th Street NW Suite 300 Washington, DC 20004, USA
Calling all YAP DC ladies! We see you shattering glass ceilings, climbing the corporate ladder, and defying the odds in your professional and personal lives, and we want to treat you. We’ve collaborated with She Leads Africa (SLA) to offer you an opportunity that you don’t want to miss!
After going to Accra, Abuja, Nairobi, Lagos, Kaduna, New York, London, Johannesburg and Cape Town She Leads Africa is bringing the #SheHive, its networking and skill learning boot-camp, to Washington DC from June 22nd-25th.
This event is for ambitious women looking to live their purpose and reconnect with the continent.
#SheHive DC will feature a number of dynamic sessions that will be complimented by a business development workshop and an exclusive social media marketing session led by SLA trainers. Here’s the line-up.
- Disrupting the $121 Billion Skin Care Industry from My Kitchen with Funlayo Alabi (Founder, Shea Radiance)
- Panel: Having An Impact with Rahama Wright (Founder, Shea Yeleen), Sheri Munis (Executive Director, NewWave Foundation) and Stephanie Kimou (Founder, Population Works Africa)
- Building A Media Mogul Career with Denise Horn (Head of Corporate Communications, Turner Broadcasting and Hillary Clinton’s Director of African American Press)
- Negotiating For What You Want with Nicole Lamb-Hale (MD, Kroll & Former Assistant Secretary of Commerce for Manufacturing and Services, U.S. Department of Commerce)
- Bringing African Concepts Into The US Market with Maame Boakye, Nana Ama Afari-Dwamena & Nina Oruro (Co-Founders, Dine Diaspora)
As with any great event, the Saturday and Sunday evenings will end in full turn up fashion with cocktails and speed networking with fellow boss ladies!
Tickets are going fast, but we are hooking you up with a 15% discount. Visit the event page and use the code: “YAPDC” to secure your spot.
Hope to see you there!